Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winter Doldrums? Not here.

I am getting this low energy vibe from everyone around me. What gives? So it is the midwest in the dead of winter, and robins, worms and spring rains are a couple of months away. I get that. But winter is such a great rejuvenation time for all of us. Take it from the bears. They sleep and wake up, a bit dazzed, but absolutely refreshed. We need to be like that. Sleep, bake cookies, play solitare, but get up early, move your buns in a good workout, and eat well. We are fueling for spring, and we have alot to do.

This is a huge busy time for interior designers. We all have projects that have been cut loose since the holidays and everyone is anticipating spring. (it takes about 8 weeks of anticipation, easily, to deal with delivery dates, shipping and receipt.) My clients are excited to have their homes ready for spring. We are planning a few outdoor rooms to test our creativity. We are planning a spring influence on the inside as well. Ready to throw open those doors and let the spring air in as soon as it arrives.

We are ignoring snow here. It does not last. I would much rather focus on buds on trees, flowers popping up in flower beds, and birds returning. Ahhh. I can picture all of this. I need the manufacturing time anyway, so I am willing to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment