Monday, January 25, 2010

Life Becomes Art

Creating art where we live or work is the best part of what I do. Art can be the arrangement of a grouping of related art pieces. It can also be paint colors that change an environment to embrace existing pieces, architectural detail, or create drama just by their relationship to other elements.

I have had a blessed life of creation and creativity. I have been fortunate to be in an industry that changes daily and creation is the basis for it. I get to play while I work. I get to imagine the possibilities of daily expression and whimsey. If I get a very creative crazy moment, I use it to do something that is for a client that enjoys that edge. If it is beyond that, it becomes my writing, my studio project that stays with me. I want to be continually creating new approaches to old problems. (it is the sign of a truly creative mind) I focus on giving more to my work with every project that I tackle. I focus on seeing a view outside the envelope that usually holds it. I aim to please beyond normal expectations and dazzle with newness and fresh eyes. If a project is just a simple redo of something that exists or a small change, that too can be creative and new. Doing the same ole thing day after day is just not what interior design is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment