Monday, January 25, 2010

This is Our 65th Anniversary

Okay, not 65 years, but our 65th post. That is something to celebrate.

I have encouraged every one of my friends and clients to blog. It is a new way to communicate that is beyond words, or emails. It is a moment in time in your life to take stock of how you are making a difference, how you are telling your clients how you are doing that, and rambling just enough that it is conversational. And sometimes it is just funny. How do you express frustration without being a madman? How do you express joy without being giddy? How do you thank your clients without sounding sappy, or tedious?

I have a strange approach. My goal is to work on an idea for ten minutes. If I don't have the internal resources to talk about something and spend only ten minutes on it, I have no business writing about it. Of course that comes from years of experience and many many examples of situations in our industry that just need to be told. It is a fun experience, and probably bores more than it dazzles. I will continue to do this, and enjoy it myself, until I hear a groundswell of comments that says.... stop, please stop.

So please comment if something hits you, or angers you, or pleases you. My goal is to inspire just enough that people want a part of this in their lives. Christy Collection Inc. has had amazing success in the Midwest market and has spread it's wings in great ways in the past few years. I am proud of what we are doing, but always want to grow and change to be better.
So if you have a way to make that happen, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment