Saturday, February 20, 2010

February in New Albany

Folks say that this is the wildest winter on record in Ohio. We have enjoyed over 38" of snow in the last three weeks. As people have fussed and fumed, I have watched a different reaction emerge. The snow melts a little now everyday. Sun on brick pavers tends to do that no matter what the temperatures. My driveway is going from a picturesque series of 5' trenches and piles to a manageable 3' of snow piled on the sides. I honestly feel that I will miss it. It had a nice cuddle and glow feeling about it, that kind of protected my little family and the joy that takes place in this little house.

The weather gurus are promising snow again this week. We can all hardly wait. I doubt if it will reach the epic proportions of what we have experienced, but if we can hit 40" of snow in one month in Ohio, I am pretty impressed. Makes me kind of hope that spring holds off just a bit longer. I want to enjoy every historical moment of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment