Monday, October 5, 2009

Interior Design is Mostly Passion

I decided to become a designer when I was thirteen years old.

To me, nothing could match the excitement of actually changing my surroundings.
The idea that you could transform something ugly or worn or dated, into something
of beauty was just a bit of magic.

Once I attended a design school and began to learn the rules, the relationships of objects,
and the theories of use of color, my intellect intersected with my passion, and I was off and
running.

Then you add to that a client with a problem that you can solve. I was hooked.

Problem solving is where the talent meets the training and becomes magical.

I spent twenty two years building a practice in Michigan of interior design work
focused on extreme problem solving. I was involved in healthcare interior design
and got to make a difference in the healing and comfort of those in pain, and those in
some kind of professional care. It blossomed into an extreme passion for me.

Upon big changes in my life, directed by the karma life Gods, presumably not by me,
but by fortune, I was thrust into a community that was open and willing to embrace
the design that I am passionate for. This part of my journey is not only rewarding,
but also full of more magic than I could ever imagine. The grace and courage that it
takes to start over, leave your comfort zone and venture into a new community was
quickly replaced by the sheer adventure of meeting new people, and beginning to understand
that not everything in life is wrought by struggle and strife. Some decisions are just
simply made out of the sheer joy of enjoying what you are doing, and experiencing.

I love design more than I can say. It affords me the life that I live. Feeds my soul,
and connects me with the world around me in a way that beautifies it everyday.

I thank the karma Gods, the unspoken universe for helping me to stay with my
passion, when I was tempted to leave her along Highway 23 on this journey to my
new life.

It just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment