Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bathing Beauties

It seems that there is never enough time to talk about the truly luxurious parts of our lives, much less really enjoy them. I am talking about bathrooms, the luxurious place that we come to, to soak, revitalize our skin, moisturize our bodies, and make our feet perfect again.

I love a neutral bathroom accented with texture and gilt. Silver, gold, copper, or bronze. Never ever can be too much of it in a space that reflects our skin back to us. Cream, white, taupe, and beige are all restful, and inviting for that half hour of indulgence that we all long for.

My best memories in New Albany are in my first master bath here. I remember feeling scared about my new adventures, a little weary from court proceedings in my divorce, and overwhelmed with grown up children problems and sinking into that big hot steamy tub - where everything just floated away. I would stay until my toes were pruney and my mood was wistful. I would wind down and steam myself into dreamland. Now going back to that house, and recreating all the spaces that I miss so much will be a wonderful dream come true.

So now recreating and improving will include some crystal, some silk, and of course caramel velvet with multiple silk trims and huge tie backs. And of course some hot steamy bath time with pruney toes. Life just never stops surprising me.

No comments:

Post a Comment