Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Indian Summer in Columbus

Okay maybe it is not officially Indian Summer. But it definitely warm and it is fall, so I kind of lumped that all together and decided it is my Indian Summer.

My meetings today took me all over Columbus and busy all day. When I finally got home and could grab the convertible, I was so happy, that I just could hardly contain myself. How can wind in your hair and exposure to sun have such an effect on me? I mean come on, design is a happy profession. Rarely is there a bad day in designing beautiful spaces. I am absolutely relishing the feeling that this is giving me. Kind of reminds me when I rode a bike 10 - 15 miles a day in high school. (could never borrow my Mom's car - it was a tool in our lives, not something for enjoyment) I remember riding down Olentangy, then a scenic road with little traffic, and having the sun explode through the trees at intervals while I rode really really fast. Using my toe clips and moving as fast as I could, wind was across my face and it just felt GREAT to go fast.

I was looking forward to this evening and digging into a project that is a really nice one. Very creative, and wanted to make sure that my muse was working. And it is working. Having a few beautiful days before the onset of colder and soon to be snowier weather has made me cherish this little respite of fun. And as long as I am still being productive, and creating beautiful interiors, then all is well in New Albany Ohio.

So I will work into the wee hours pulling textiles, trims, and color into a symphony of notes that support one another and leave a client breathless in their own home, or something close. This is turning out to be a wonderful week of good solid presentations, good design solutions, and satisfaction in a job well done. I love happy clients, and I have many of them this week.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the "wind in the hair thing..." as I found myself driving 270 yesterday with the top down thinking....got to get this in for one of the last few beautiful days I can do this before winter!

    ReplyDelete