Sunday, November 1, 2009

Design is BOOMING

I am oftentimes reminded that in a tough economy, those that are busy are the ones that tend to have a really good business model, receive good referrals, and continually raise the bar on the quality of their own work. While living, working, and breathing the Michigan economy for over 20 years, I was reminded that my luck, was not really luck, but all the things above.

Residential Design is a frontier that seems to be a mystery to many people. The Designers tend to be a "smoke and mirrors" kind of group. They are extemely talented, have protected sources, have very faithful suppliers, installers and craftspeople at their fingertips. As these designers practice their craft, they continually dazzle people with their approach to vanilla boxes. I always felt that my design sense was more logic than magic, but lately the magic seems to be revealing itself. I have a growing loyal and logical clientele that are experiencing magic at the hands of Christy Collection Inc. We are having so much fun delivering very creative environments that solve problems, create family spaces, and are fun to entertain in. I keep focus on good discounting from suppliers, good pricing to clients, on time and accurate delivery, meeting deadlines, and never letting anyone down. The creative side can be taken for granted, until a big "WHOOSSHHH" occurs and an interior is installed. It all comes together with ease, perfection, no nonsense install and quality at every step. I get to step back, enjoy the view for a moment, while the next phase is planned, ordered, received, detailed instructions are given, and "WHOOSSHHH" it happens again. Continually surprising myself, and the juices keep flowing.

I always tend to reach out to my client and thank them for letting us into their lives. Without them the joy of accomplishment would not be as keen. To solve problems, create beauty and meet budgets and timing deadlines, is truly a thing of joy. Thank you to those of you that let us in. We are continually growing, stretching our limits and reaching higher goals. I am very proud of all that has happened to us since our arrival on the Columbus Design Scene. It is a thrill to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment