Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lime Green, the New Spring Accent Color

If you have spent any time in Home Decor magazines lately, you have seen it. Lime Green is the new "greening" of interiors. The freshness of it is nice after opening windows and doors into spring. But we are not there yet. I am seeing alot of lime green jolting neutral environments with a fun twist. I am enjoying this, as it is not an easy color to live with and I am very curious to see it pulled off.

My predication is that Americans are tired of worrying, about anything. They are looking for a fun new interior color that says that, and says it with accessories, fun punches, and a jolt of just fun color. I am seeing it in bolder finsih statements to wake up neutral pallettes. I have not embraced it yet for any clients here in mid Ohio. It may be a bit trendy and funky for this area. I am looking forward to using it for accents with cool blues, and tangerines. To tone it down and take some edge off. For linens and table top accents, it is a great expression. For bed linens and flowers, ditto.

So when you see it in your magazines take note of how this funky punch is used and compare notes with me. I am anxiously waiting a client to request it, and to embrace it for their own fresh expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment