Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stop Working SO Hard, It's Summer!

Okay, so we all get accused of this - right?  And we never know how 
to answer.
I mean, work is work.  When you are an entrepreneur, it just kind of goes
with the territory that you work harder than most!   But somehow, it never
seems like work!

Oh sure, we have our moments.  But design can hardly be considered work.
I mean, it is CREATIVE.
It is APPRECIATED.
It is LAUDED with ADMIRATION.
It is LOVED by MANY.  And ENVIED by MOST.

So I do not call it work.  I call it summer expression.
It inspires me to do my best work.  These beautiful sunny days.
These lovely sultry nights.  It creates a fire inside me (like a summer
fire pit does) of smoldering ideas, and igniting flames!

I love summer.  And mostly I love to create in summer.  I love the textiles
that celebrate it.  I love the colors that imitate it.  I love it when nature is brought
inside and we get to live in it, and snuggle up around a small piece of it.

So celebrate summer your way.  And I will CELEBRATE it MY WAY!!!

It just brings out the smiles and the laughter in every situation.  So bring on
the s'mores, and the long walks on the beach.  Bring out the family that never
ends, and the long days.  I am so ready to express all of that in my work.  Because 
remember.  It isn't really work at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment