Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I was asked yesterday if I ever sleep.

Good question!  Complicated answer.
(you might not be ready for this one!)

My almost waking hours are filled with design solutions.  If I have
a perplexing problem, but actually "sleeping on it", I solve the little
things that nagged at me when I was awake.  There is something about
twilight sleep that just agrees with the creative brain.  Things become clearer
and options present themselves.

It is really important for me to keep a notepad by my bed.  Not jotting something
down that was pretty monumental is a mistake.  Sometimes in the light of day and
the alarm, it can be forgotten.

My most creative color schemes have come to me in my sleep.  The most interesting
layouts.  The more intriguing storage ideas.

Must be something about a clear and rested mind.  Must be something about emptying
the clutter from your day and really thinking about it.

So now - tomorrow morning - as you awake.  I challenge you to stop thinking and let
your brain wander through your house, your office, or your second home.  Wander and
experience it as a new visitor.  Let it fill your mind with images and feelings that you never
see when you walk there.  See if it looks different.  See if it looks new.  A solution  to a
problem may present itself.  And you may have an answer that you never imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment