Thursday, June 14, 2012

Looping Around 270 on a BEAUTIFUL Wednesday

I had a pretty busy day with my design practice today.


From client meetings, and ASID luncheon and CEU, to drop offs and pick ups, my day was a huge logistics event.


Being busy is nice.  Being effective and on point is better.


I find that Columbus is an extremely easy city to navigate for meetings with clients.  I always hope that I will be on time, not need gas at inopportune times, and show up with my focus on the project at hand.  This is usually not a problem.  Today was an exceptional day.


Color has been the most stimulating topic of conversation with my newest clients.  


Everyone wants to be ahead of a trend, and yet not appear trendy.  
Color is the one area that is always fun to explore.  By introducing new and innovative combinations of color into inexpensive finishes (paint - accents - lesser expensive focal points) 
we can have fun with a direction and not invest the college fund in getting started.


I typically will pull a color scheme based on paint, textiles, and focal points.  The bones of an interior come in the larger pieces that tend to be the more neutral factors in a space.  The largest upholstered pieces tend to be more neutral, or the deepest shade of a strong color scheme.  By using the deepest shade on a larger piece a space is instantly grounded.  It give us an opportunity to play with lighter tones in a softer hand and lets us create drama around the deepest tone.   


If this seems lost on you, I suggest that you look through the interior shots included on this blog and on our website at www.christycollectioninternational.com.   There you will see what I am speaking of.  I always know when I have it right!  Those are the rooms that speak when you walk into them of unity and freshness.  I never get tired of those interiors.  They are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment