Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wow it is GREAT to be HOME

Easter Sunday is the most amazing day of the year. A day of birth and freshness. A day of family and connecting my dots. I love the adventures that my children are experiencing. This spring finds them all doing very well in business and in school.

I have the joy of two brand new projects starting officially tomorrow. Wonderful spring energy surrounds me. I am doing a fun project in Blacklick for a darling gentleman. He is entrepreneurial and full of enthusiasm for a new house and a new adventure. I have the pleasure of making this house his home. He entertains, and is constantly surrounded by friends and his faithful new dog. The house has great bones and a good start. I am thrilled to be doing my overall color scheme tomorrow and getting started on spaceplanning and structure. Our first client meeting is Thursday for presenting basic design elements. I am very excited to get underway.

My second client is a Short North Condo that is full of energy and fun. I have the best work in the world. I get to enjoy the passions of clients and live through them as I interpret their lives and have their environment support them and surround them. We need color, art, and the coordination of elements that are not in sync. I have pulled this project together before going on vacation, but this week gives me the timeframe to finish the vision. The major furniture pieces that are missing are very important statement pieces. The finishing touches will determine the total direction of this space. We need to be cognicent of all the textures, and design criteria that has been mixed together and separate the dots before we can group them. If you don't understand this language, I would love to show it to you. This project will be one of my favorites of 2010. A very high energy and dynamic client. A true labor of love.

Pulling together elements of design to speak in one voice. That is what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment